Health Star Media is proud to offer a food section that features only the most trust-worthy and highest quality food companies and restaurants in the industry. By joining up with the Organic Consumers Association, a non-profit, that monitors food corporations and industries that claim “organic” status, Health Star Media has helped raise the standard in one of the most corrupt American markets.
The OCA’s standard for organic, far surpasses that of the U.S.D.A. organic label, which is by true organic standards, too low and frankly, insulting to the savvy, American health consumer. Health Star Media, encourages everyone to join and support the safeguards and protection of the OCA.
If you have a food based company or restaurant and are looking to increase your web visibility, target audience and ethical, credibility in the food industry, you have come to the right place. We offer comprehensive reviews, third-party endorsements by industry leaders, press releases to major news networks, multi-media and more.
Market statistics for the natural and organic sector:
- According to an independent survey, 55% of consumers are willing to pay more for products from socially responsible companies.
- Sales of certified organic food and products reached $50 billion in 2017
- Predicts “explosive growth” in U.S. sales of “natural” products, reaching $252 billion by 2019.
Many food companies exploit the fact that consumers trust labeling and marketing, blindly. They knowingly mislead consumers by claiming their products are “natural” when in fact those products contain pesticides, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), antibiotics, growth hormones and artificial ingredients. Terms like “Natural,” “All Natural” and “100% Natural” often mean nothing and are deceptive.
- A 2014 Consumer Reports poll found that 66% of consumers believe a product labeled “natural” has no artificial ingredients, pesticides or genetically modified organisms
- 86% believe that it should mean those things (meaning NO truth in labeling in the USA is being threatened by savvy, health conscious consumers).
- In 2016, Consumer Reports released a new survey showing that 73% of consumers seek out foods labeled “natural.”
- Many consumers equate the word “natural” with “organic” and some even believe that “100% Natural” is better than certified organic!
But as long as consumers equate “natural” with certified organic, and as long as companies exploit that perception, the organic market will remain at a disadvantage. Health Star Media and the OCA are committed to change that.
Is your company committed to truly making a difference on a local and global scale, not just financially but environmentally as well?
Contact us for a complimentary business review and if you meet our requirements, we will provide a sponsor package with detailed statistics on how we have helped other food companies and restaurants get the spotlight they rightfully deserve and join us, in the food = health revolution!